Volunteering in your community – we need you!
Would you like to make a difference to people’s lives or to the environment, meet new people and make new friends, take on a new challenge or learn a new skill and improve your job prospects? Have you ever thought about becoming a volunteer?
Within London Housing Trust there are a variety of volunteering opportunities to help you get involved in your local community, help the environment and develop your interests.
Our Communities and Wellbeing Service has a wide variety of opportunities to volunteer and here are some of the things you could get involved with:
- helping within our local offices
- helping with our home team visiting vulnerable clients
- help within our gardens department with practical habitat conservation on our beautiful open areas
- putting your IT skills to use in our IT department
- Helping to keep our website up to date.
Don’t just take our word for it – this is what people say about being a volunteer for our Museums and Archives and our Libraries & Information Service:
- “I enjoy the chance to be involved in the local community, give something back and use skills acquired through my work before retirement.”
- “I used to be a service user, no I’m the one giving back.”
- “It is very rewarding to be appreciated.”
- “Working with the staff and other volunteers is always a pleasurable experience.”
- “Staff are very helpful. They make everything easy for volunteers.”
- “The variety and the social Interaction (new friends) keep the brain active & young – enjoyable experience & hopefully what I do makes a difference.”
- “Volunteering .. has opened a new chapter in my life.”
In many tasks you would work alongside experienced staff – enabling you to broaden your knowledge and develop new skills. You’ll make new friends, meet likeminded people and generally have fun whilst doing something very rewarding!
If you’ve got some spare time and would like to have more information about what volunteering is available to you on Communities & Wellbeing Service, contact our Volunteer Coordinator by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
See our template volunteering agreement here… Volunteer Agreement V 1.0.1