Homeless In London?
London Housing Trust provides accommodation and services directly to homeless people. We also give information on where to go for advice and support if you or someone you know is homeless or at risk of becoming homeless.
DO YOU NEED HOUSING ADVICE OR ARE YOU AT RISK OF BECOMING HOMELESS?
You can get detailed advice on your situation in the following ways:
- Contact the Housing Department at your local council or visit a local advice service or day centre. To find details of your local services, visit Homeless UK or Shelter’s Advice Services Directory
- For telephone advice, call Shelter’s free housing advice helpline on 0808 800 4444 from 8am-8pm Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm Saturday-Sunday
- For online housing advice and information visit Shelter’s Housing Advice webpages
- Advice guide from Citizen’s Advice gives more general information on your rights, including benefits, housing, family matters and employment, and on debt, consumer and legal issues.
ARE YOU STREET HOMELESS OR DO YOU WANT TO GET HELP FOR A ROUGH SLEEPER?
If you are sleeping rough, or concerned about someone sleeping rough in London you can:
- Contact the outreach team for the area
- Visit the Homeless London website for more information and a directory of homelessness services, including accommodation
- Use the listing of services on The Pavement’s website.
For advice and information on homelessness services outside London, visit Homeless UK. If you cannot avoid sleeping rough, Shelter’s website includes practical advice on getting help and making sure you are safe.